Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dallas Buyer's Club


Dallas Buyers Club is a film based on the true story of Ron Woodruff, a total piece of shit, who gets diagnosed with HIV, and decides to do something about it. He seeks out treatments for HIV and finds drugs that aren't approved by the FDA. The story is pretty awesome; just a guy making a profit off of people dying, but ends up making a difference in the world of AIDS/HIV research. What really gets this movie working, is Matthew McCaughnahey. Matthew McCaughnahey is a fucking badass. People don't really realize that he is a tremendous dramatic actor, but he just gets typecast in stupid movies, sometimes. His career isn't defined by Fool's Gold, Failure to Launch and Ghost of Girlfriend's Past. It isn't his fault he just has sick abs. Nay, the sickest abs. I do sense, at least, an Oscar nomination. He was as good as, if not better than Nick Bruhl in Rush. I do think Bruce Dern is going to get the Oscar this year, as a courtesy, but I really think McCaughnahey deserves it. He wasn't the only star, Jared Leto, playing his business partner, was so fucking phenominal, that at times, I wasn't sure who I liked more. Ultimately, McCaughnahey proved to be the more charismatic performance. At times, it isn't that easy to watch, it's gut wrenching, very emotional, funny at times and full of amazing performances, Dallas Buyers Club is in my top 5 of the year, so far
   -L.K
Follow me on twitter @TheLukasKrycek
Like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/LukasKrycekComedy

No comments:

Post a Comment