Sunday, April 13, 2014

Bad Words


Bad Words is about a sociopath that enters a children's spelling bee through a loophole in the rules, and beats the pants off them. Not much to say about this, but if you like simple adult comedies, you will be thoroughly entertained. It is basically Jason Bateman's one man show, and he is amazing in this, as always. The plot is a bit deeper than my initial synopsis, but I don't want to give away the plot. Although juvenile on the surface, the film is surprisingly grown up, despite the potty talk and the childish premise. Some people seem to be turned off by this, which is disappointing, because I think those are the people who would end up enjoying the movie. It isn't the best movie so far, and certainly not the funniest, but it is well worth a ticket price if you are in the mood for some grown up laughs.
    -L.K
Follow me on Twitter @TheLukasKrycek
Like me at Facebook.com/LukasKrycekComedy

No comments:

Post a Comment