Saturday, May 10, 2014

Neighbors


Neighbors is a modern comedy with characters and a plot!!! I shit you not! It' not just a series of nutshots or fart jokes, or people laughing at others because they are different. It is a very funny film about a couple with a baby that has a college fraternity move next door to them. The frat doesn't start off as the enemies but, rather, the feud begins after the cops are called on the frat after Seth Rogan makes a promise to High School Musical to not call the cops on them. After that, it escalates to crazy shit. The movie is actually about growing up. The couple with the baby are upset that they can't do all the fun things that they did when they were kids, and don't want to accept that their baby is their life now, and High School Musical doesn't care about classes because he just wants to keep the party going. I don't want to give too much away, but this is a film that was made with heart by people that actually give a shit about story telling. They could have had nothing but raunchy jokes, and believe me, they were hilarious, but instead chose to have a nice story with themes and morals about growing up, family and responsibility. I highly recommend it to everyone. I don't see a lot of comedies, but I am always welcoming them, because its rare to see a comedy that gives a shit and keeps its humor neutral (albeit, adult), so not just making fun of the handicapped and minorities.
    -L.K
Follow me on Twitter @TheLukasKrycek
Like me at Facebook.com/LukasKrycekComedy

No comments:

Post a Comment